Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Reflection 3

So this is my third reflection on the design phase of ID. I think that the design phase is a lot more work because you have to work out all the details.

The performance objectives are a lot of work, but once you got the hang of how to write them, it went by a lot easier. I also found that writing assessment items that didn't have a yes or no answer to be difficult.

Starting the Instructional Strategy seemed very intimidating just because, this is basically a blueprint for what your materials will include. It started off a little rough but got better as I worked on each cluster.

Also the more you work with what you will be doing, the information just seems to come more naturally.

Working on the Instructional Materials has been a lot of fun, yet hard work. I've never used so many tables and clip art before, but I must admit the project looks pretty cool with everything in it. Working on the marterials is also frustrating because, I seem to be complusively saving everything b/c if there was a chance to loose something, that's usually a lot of work lost.

I think having a new outlook on this class has helped me get through, even though I'm still not sure if I love ID, I have found an appreciation for it.

Still working on my materials. It's almost done. It's very exciting to see this almost completed.

This summer has been so many ups and down, and I've learned so much in so little time, and a cool thing that I have learned was how to use different items in Microsoft Word.

For the formative evaluation we have to ask the learners about what they honestly thought of the materials. I think this is going to be tough because two of my learners are my friends and the other learner is my mom. I am hoping that the learners will be brutally honest. Honesty makes this project so much better.

All the criticism received this semester has only made my project better.

Another thing I have realized, is not all people have the same fonts on their computer, which to me is very odd because if we all have the same version of Microsoft Word why are the fonts different. I need to make some changes to my manual because of this, but it's a small thing to fix. I also have to fix the spacings on some of my pictures. Looking at them on the screen it doesn't look too bad but actually seeing it printed out it looks different. I actually can't wait to see my products printed out in color, black and white doesn't do them justice.

Peace, Love, Happiness, and Music,

Nicole

No comments: