Monday, January 07, 2008

January 7, 2008 Progress Report

1a. Gather Idea for SF and plan ahead
- Using two characters who are friends, and move away, keep in contact via IM, use flashbacks and current ways to make a story interwoven.

2. Start playing the Flute again
-Took flute out of my closet, played for 5 minutes yesterday, my mouth cramped up. I need to build up my muscles and hands again. Must go and order that Pirates of the Caribbean flute solo book.

3. Read the Pile of magazines that has accumulated in my apartment
-Started to do this over Christmas and New Years. Haven't done any reading since then. But I will organize them into a nice pile.

5. Finish the crocheting projects I have started. (1 blanket for my friend who is pregnant, and 2 blankets for a co-workers wife who is having twins)
-Baby blanket 1 for one of the co-workers twins is almost halfway done. The blanket for the other twin is started. The blanket for my friend's baby is also started. So All projects are started.

9. Become better at my job by getting more work done and getting more work done
-Work in progress. I'm procrastinating now by typing this update, but I'm working at the same time because I am searching for old emails I will need.

10. Look into some kind of continuing education class or a class I can take for fun. I miss learning a lot and I never want to stop.
-For now I bought myself a Latin book. To re-teach myself items and to enhance my vocabulary. I feel that I am in a profession where sounding intelligent is a must.

11. Find clothes that fit me, and if need be spend the money on clothes
-Starting to find clothes, took some pants to the tailor today. She laughed at how long they were.

13. Pay off my credit cards so I can do 6, though, I think I'll be doing 6 before they are paid off.
-Started to pay them off. I can put a little more on my card this week since last week was a pay day

14. Keep my apartment CLEAN
-My friend Kate is coming over this weekend. I haven't seen her since Homecoming. This week is a great week to hang out with her because of what we all went though last year.

15. Make sure I can walk into my closet and not have to worry about what the hell I am stepping on.
-Went to Walmart today, bought a little shoe rack to get some of my shoes off the floor. Bought cloth bins to get my craft projects in some sort of storage.

17. Attempt to keep in contact with friends
-Hanging out with Kate is a start

20. Maybe start learning Spanish again?
-Not Spanish right now, but diving into Latin.

21. Try not to get sick
-Hell of a lot harder then it looks.

25. Write more in general, fun, journal entries. I am doing NaNoWriYe (National Novel Writing Year). This gives me reason and motivation to write every day.
-NaNoWriYe, NaNoCoMo, and Wannabee Writers are helping me with this.

No comments: